MapReduce, mail # dev - Versions - Confusion

+
Suresh S 2013-04-26, 05:39
+
Robert Evans 2013-04-26, 21:34
Re: Versions - Confusion
Suresh S 2013-04-27, 12:30
Thank you very much sir. great explaination.

0.20.20X is renamed to 1.0.   So, 1.0 series is coming with security.

What about 2.0 series? It is with security or without?

*Regards*
*S.Suresh,*
*Research Scholar,*
*Department of Computer Applications,*
*National Institute of Technology,*
*Tiruchirappalli - 620015.*
*+91-9941506562*
On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is kind of complex.
>
> Up until 0.20 everything was fairly regular like you would expect.  In
> 0.20 there was a split where security was added in to a branch and started
> to be numbered as 0.20.20X.  But the other releases went on without
> security and became 0.21 and 0.22.  0.23 was created when YARN was
> introduced and it also had security merged in.  To be fair 0.22 had
> security in it, but was never officially supported in a release.  At about
> this same time the community decided that we needed to do something better
> with number and renamed 0.20.20X to be 1.0 and started releasing more
> versions from this line.  This is the current stable line. 0.23 was
> renamed 2.0 and there have been a few releases but the code is still being
> stabilized.  To make things even more confusing some people kept 0.23
> alive and stabilized it, so there have been some releases of 0.23 in
> parallel with 2.0.  The difference between the two is that 2.0 had HDFS HA
> in it where as 0.23 does not.
>
> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 4/26/13 12:39 AM, "Suresh S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >        I was confused with Hadoop versioning.
> >I found that,  some people working on version starting with "0".
> >Some others, working on version starting with "2".
> >Also, i was confused with "branch".
> >
> >Which version is really current version.
> >*Regards*
> >*S.Suresh,*
> >*Research Scholar,*
> >*Department of Computer Applications,*