MapReduce, mail # dev - Max Maps for default queues in FairScheduler

+
lohit 2012-10-18, 23:41
+
Sandy Ryza 2012-10-18, 23:58
Re: Max Maps for default queues in FairScheduler
lohit 2012-10-19, 00:03
In a big cluster with hundreds are users, not all of them would submit
their job to specific queues.
And creating hundreds are pool is not very easy. Having something like
userMaxMaps would limit users from consuming all resources.
We could create small set of queues with more weight, but JobTracker would
still waste time in preemption of user tasks who has consumed all resources.
It would have been nice to have such a config.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit