HDFS >> mail # user >> Killing my HDD with dncp_block_verification.log.prev file

Killing my HDD with dncp_block_verification.log.prev file
Hi Guys,

We have Problem with data node.  In our current environment with two
replication factor with HDFS file system.

root@dvcliftonhera225*
:/disk1/dfs/dn/current/BP-82080199-172.16.30.227-1360773725780*# du -hsc *
217G current
1.7T dncp_block_verification.log.curr
*670G dncp_block_verification.log.prev*
4.0K tmp
2.6T total

My current HDD size is 3TB. It's frequent created file 670GB, How to
understand the Hadoop relay used the file  dncp_block_verification.log.prev

Please guide me What is the use of the file.

-Dhanasekaran.