Pig, mail # user - [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project

+
Alan Gates 2011-02-02, 21:18
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2011-02-02, 22:08
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-02, 23:11
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 05:16
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-02-03, 06:11
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-03, 16:10
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 16:36
Re: [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project
Julien Le Dem 2011-02-02, 23:09
+1
On 2/2/11 2:08 PM, "Jeff Hammerbacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Awesome! Huge +1.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Howl is a table management system built to provide metadata and storage
> management across data processing tools in Hadoop (Pig, Hive, MapReduce,
> ...).  You can learn more details at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Howl.  For
> the last six months the code has been hosted at github.  The Howl team would
> like to move the project into the Apache Incubator.  You can see the
> proposal for the project at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HowlProposal.
>
> In order to be accepted as an Incubator project Howl needs a Sponsoring
> project.  I propose that we, the Pig project, sponsor Howl.  By sponsoring
> Howl we are saying that we believe it is a good fit for the ASF and that we
> will assist the Howl project to succeed.  You can read full details of
> sponsoring a project at
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor
> .
>
> Our bylaws don't explicitly cover such a vote, but I think lazy majority
> should be reasonable.  All votes are welcome, PMC member votes will be
> binding.
>
> Clearly I'm +1.
>
> Alan.

+