MapReduce >> mail # user >> HDFS network traffic

+
Bill Q 2013-03-07, 04:21
Re: HDFS network traffic
Yes, the simple copy is a client operation. Client reads bytes from
source and writes to the destination, thereby being in control of
failures, etc.. However, if you want your cluster to do the copy (and
if the copy is a big set), consider using the DistCp
(distributed-copy) MR job to do it.

--
Harsh J