Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Where are we in ZOOKEEPER-1416

Re: Where are we in ZOOKEEPER-1416

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> > That comment indicates a lack of understanding of ZK, not a bug in ZK.

Mighty Ted Dunning, I'd just like to say that the quote is badly out of
context and misrepresents the clueful gentleman quoted (The comment
actually leads off with the root problem being HBase's USE of ZK, NOT ZK).

Nor am I sure what this is about.  Those actually working on making HBase
region assignment more 'robust' have not asked for the above; i.e. have ZK
make fundamental changes in the way it operates, though it is working as
advertised, just to 'fix' a downstream project's misuse.

Go 49ers!
St.Ack