HBase >> mail # user >> What does "Found lingering reference file" mean?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-21, 20:01
+
Stack 2013-01-21, 22:14
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-21, 22:20
+
Stack 2013-01-21, 22:36
Re: What does "Found lingering reference file" mean?
RECOVERED_EDITS is not a column family.  It should be ignored by hbck.

Filed a jira:

Jimmy

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you get the name of the broken reference?  I'd trace its life in
> namenode logs and in regionserver log by searching its name (You might have
> to find the region in master logs to see where region landed over time).
> The reference name includes the encoded region name as a suffix.  This is
> the region that the reference 'references'.... so need to figure what
> happened with it.  Did it get cleaned up before reference was cleared?
>  (Something that should not happen).
>
> St.Ack
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hum. It's still a bit obscur for me how this happend to my cluster...
> >
> > -repair helped to fix that, so I'm now fine. I will re-run the job I
> > ran and see if this is happening again.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JM
> >
> > 2013/1/21, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > The comment on the method that is finding the lingering reference files
> > is
> > > pretty good:
> > >

> http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/HBaseFsck.html#604
> > >
> > > It looks like a reference file that lost its referencee.
> > >
> > > If you pass this arg., does it help?
> > >

> http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/HBaseFsck.html#3391
> > >

> > > St.Ack

+