HDFS >> mail # dev >> current direction in namenode HA

+
Sujee Maniyam 2012-09-04, 22:37
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-09-04, 23:09
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-09-04, 23:17
Re: current direction in namenode HA
Uma:
Attachment is stripped in this mailing list.
I guess you were trying to attach this file:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12538911/BKTestDoc.pdf

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Uma Maheswara Rao G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Sujee,
>
> Thanks a lot for your interest on HA.
>
> for #1
> If you can invest on NFS filers, it is another option.  If you want to try
> this, you can use released Hadoop-2 version and try.
>   but above #2 and #3 will avoid this external hardware dependency.
>
> for #2 you can take a look at HDFS-3399
>   We are testing with BookeKeeper from last 2/3 months and going well. BK
> is progressing on autorecovery and security parts. Almost auto recoverry
> done(BOOKKEEPER-237) and will be released in BK 4.2 version very soon. BK
> already started work on security part as well. Also this integration part
> will come out with next hadoop-2 release as well. Also attached tested
> scenarios in HDFS-3399 for your reference if you want to take a look.
> Also there is one subTask in that umbrella  JIRA for user manual
> information.
>

> for #3 you can take a look at HDFS-3077
>    In this umbrella JIRA work is going on actively.
>

> for #4
> I am not sure any one working on it.
>
> The advantage here is, you can plugin the shared storage whichever you
> want.
>
> Regards,
> Uma
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Sujee Maniyam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello devs,
> >
> > I am trying to understand the current state / direction of  namenode
> > HA implementation.
> >
> > For using shared directory, I see the following options
> > (from
> >
> http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2012/03/high-availability-for-the-hadoop-distributed-file-system-hdfs/
> >   and  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3278)
> >
> > 1) rely on external HA filer
> > 2) multiple edit directories
> > 3) book keeper
> > 4) keep edits in HDFS / quorum based
> >
> > is there going to be an 'official / supported' method, or it is going
> > to be a configurable choice when setting up a cluster?
> >
> > thanks
> > Sujee
> > http://sujee.net

+