Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Zookeeper 3.3.4 guarantees across sessions from the same client ?

Re: Zookeeper 3.3.4 guarantees across sessions from the same client ?
Hi Flavio,

Thanks a bunch for checking on that and confirming the behavior.

I looked at the code in PrepRequestProcessor where zookeeper throws
NodeExists. It only checks that the ephemeral node exists, but doesn't
check if the ephemeral owner session is marked as "expired". I was
wondering if it is a feasible solution to detect that the owner is a
session that is getting expired, so instead of returning NodeExists, let
the write go through and just replace the ephemeral owner with the new
session id. However, this may have other side-effects that I'm not aware
of. Curious to know what you think of this fix.

In any case, we can handle it in Kafka by writing the timestamp as part of
the ephemeral path. On NodeExists, we can read the path back and retry the
operation if the timestamp doesn't match.

Thanks,
Neha