HBase >> mail # dev >> Finding some PreCommit Green

+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-13, 18:24
+
Stack 2012-12-13, 19:01
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-13, 18:44
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-13, 19:56
+
Stack 2012-12-13, 21:19
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-13, 22:33
+
Stack 2012-12-13, 22:40
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-13, 23:47
Re: Finding some PreCommit Green
Hi Nick

> Does Jenkins ensure only one HBasePatchProcess runs on a given host at a
time?
Yes, there is no concurrent build on the same machine. You're always alone.
It's unlikely to change: it's already difficult enough to parallelize
things for a single product; doing it between multiple products would be
crazy.

> Tests for hbase-server failed with no clear reason produced. Perhaps
running secondPartTestsExecution in serial will reveal the failure/timeout?
We could add a check at the end. Something like

jps | grep surefirebooter | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | xargs -n 1 jstack | grep Test

I'm going to add this in the patches already proposed in HBASE-7350.

Thanks for looking at this!

N.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Want to try removing it for a while?
>

> I attached a couple simple patches to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7350. Maybe someone who knows
> more about the different layers of test harness and Jenkins build slave
> configuration can comment.
>
> -n

+
Ted Yu 2012-12-13, 18:39