Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

Hi Arun,

Would it make sense to generate Windows binaries since this is the first
2.0 release with Windows support? I am happy to help out with that.

FWIW I generated a Windows tarball from the source, brought up a
pseudo-distributed cluster, ran some smoke tests and it is looking good!

Thanks,
Arpit
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created another release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I
> would like to get released. This RC fixes a number of issues reported on
> the previous candidate.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community
> (~650 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the
> ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc1/
> The RC tag in svn is here: