MapReduce >> mail # user >> error running pi program

error running pi program
Hello Ted,

Thanks yours below. I do run hadoop on EC2 as well. And I use internal host-addresses ($hostname -f) for configuration of core-site/hdfs-site/slaves/master files.

The only time I switch to external address i.e. ec2-......  is when I want to access my nodes vie the web,i.e. external address  - ec2......:50070 or ec2......:50030

Rgds,
AK47
yinghua,

One other thing to note here is that on EC2 computer are given two hostnames, one internal and one external, you need to use the external.  These host names are listed in the ec2 configuration pane on the AWS management console.
Ted Reynolds
Technical Support Engineer
Hortonworks
Work Phone: 408-645-7079

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel