From: Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Default to Hadoop 1.1 in HBase 0.94?

Here is some more background information from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6962 :

hadoop 1.1 release annoucement:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/0eTo41c8GSb

The thinking behind new recommendation is that future patches for reducing
MTTR may depend on the improvement unique to hadoop 1.1 (absent from hadoop
1.0.4)

For reference, here is list of incompatible changes between hadoop 1.0 and
1.1:

HDFS-2617 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2617>. Replaced
Kerberized SSL for image transfer and fsck with
SPNEGO-based solution. (Jakob Homan, Owen O'Malley, Alejandro Abdelnur and
Aaron T. Myers via atm)

HDFS-3044 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3044>. fsck move
should be non-destructive by default.
(Colin Patrick McCabe via eli)

HADOOP-8230 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8230>. Enable
sync by default and disable append. (eli)

HADOOP-8365 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8365>. Provide
ability to disable working sync. (eli)

HADOOP-8552 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8552>. Conflict:
Same security.log.file for multiple users.
(kkambatl via tucu)
Cheers