Hadoop >> mail # user >> Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:9000.

Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:9000.
I'm plagued with this error:
Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:9000.

I'm trying to set up hadoop on a new machine, just a basic pseudo-distributed setup.  I've done this quite a few times on other machines, but this time I'm kinda stuck.  I formatted the namenode without obvious errors and ran start-all.sh with no errors to stdout.  However, the logs are full of that error above and if I attempt to access hdfs (ala "hadoop fs -ls /") I get that error again.  Obviously, my core-site.xml sets fs.default.name to "hdfs://localhost:9000".

I assume something is wrong with /etc/hosts, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  If "hostname" returns X and "hostname -f" returns Y, then what are the corresponding entries in /etc/hosts?

Thanks for any help.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was.  Now, what I'm with
isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me."
                                           --  Abe (Grandpa) Simpson
anil gupta 2012-07-27, 18:30
+
Bejoy KS 2012-07-27, 18:34