HBase >> mail # user >> Scanning columns

Scanning columns
I am designing a HBase schema as a timeseries model. Taking advice from the
definitive guide and tsdb I am planning to use my row key as
"metricname:Long.MAX_VALUE - basetimestamp". And the column names would be
"timestamp-base timestamp". My col names would then look like 1,2,3,4,5
.. for instance. I am looking at Java API to see if I can do a range scan
of columns, can I say fetch me columns starting at 1 and stop at 4? I see a
scanner class for row scans but wondering if columns are sorted before
storing and if I can do a range scan on them too.
+
Jerry Lam 2012-07-18, 19:12