Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: binary release artifacts

+
Eric Yang 2013-09-13, 22:53
+
ant elder 2013-09-22, 05:01
Re: binary release artifacts
Hi Eric,
I've included references inline for your convenience.  I'll once again
[strongly] suggest you guys remove that artifact.

Thanks,
--tim

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> There is LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in both source and binary package.  In
> the binary package, the files are located in $PREFIX/share/doc/chukwa to
> match what standard Linux file system layout.  We voted for source release
> and there is no Apache restriction that a source release, can not procedure
> a binary package.

"Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority
approval -- i.e., at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively
for release, and there must be more positive than negative votes."

Each vote is on signed, hashed artifacts, so yes, if you say it's a
"source vote" then no binary should accompany it.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

> There is also no restriction that binary release must
> have LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in the top level directory.

How do you reach that understanding from the sentence below?

"Every Apache distribution should include a NOTICE file in the top
directory, along with the standard LICENSE file."

http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Tim Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Maybe my subscription was confirmed yet the first time I sent this...

+
ant elder 2013-09-14, 06:55
+
Luciano Resende 2013-09-14, 01:23