Avro >> mail # dev >> Re: svn commit: r950144 - in /avro/branches/branch-1.3: CHANGES.txt lang/py/test/sample_http_client.py

+
Doug Cutting 2010-06-01, 17:38
Re: svn commit: r950144 - in /avro/branches/branch-1.3: CHANGES.txt lang/py/test/sample_http_client.py

> When merging something from trunk you should indicate that in the commit
> message.  The commit message format used in Hadoop is, "Merge rXXX from
> trunk to branch-1.3.  Fixes AVRO-YYY."

Yeah saw that on the HowToRelease wiki page after merging.
> Are you using 'svn merge' for these?  Since subversion 1.5 that should keep
> track of revisions done with 'svn merge', perhaps obviating the need to
> mention them in the commit message, but I see no 'svn mergeinfo' for the 1.3
> branch, so I'm guessing you're not.

Yep, using svn merge -c <revision number> <path_to_avro_trunk>

Also, you should update trunk's CHANGES.txt so that these changes show up in
> the 1.3.3 section there and no longer in the 1.4.0 section.
Going to update it when we actually have a release.
+
Doug Cutting 2010-06-01, 18:02
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-06-01, 18:06