MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?

+
Morgan Reece 2013-03-05, 19:10
Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
Morgan,
Just did exactly as you suggested, my /etc/hosts:
127.0.1.1 node.domain.local node

Wiped out, annihilated my previous installation completely and reinstalled
everything from scratch.
The same problem with CLOUDERA MANAGER (FREE EDITION):
"Installation failed.  Failed to receive heartbeat from agent"
((((

I will try now the the  bright idea from Jean, looks promising to me
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Morgan Reece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't use 'localhost' as your host name.  For example, if you wanted to
> use the name 'node'; add another line to your hosts file like:
>
> 127.0.1.1 node.domain.local node
>
> Then change all the host references in your configuration files to 'node'
> -- also, don't forget to change the master/slave files as well.
>
> Now, if you decide to use an external address it would need to be static.
> This is easy to do, just follow this guide
> http://www.howtoforge.com/linux-basics-set-a-static-ip-on-ubuntu
> and replace '127.0.1.1' with whatever external address you decide on.
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Can you please take this Cloudera mailing list?
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM, anton ashanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to run all Hadoop servers on a single Ubuntu localhost. All
>>> ports are open and my /etc/hosts file is
>>>
>>> 127.0.0.1   frigate frigate.domain.local    localhost
>>> # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
>>> ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
>>> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
>>> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
>>> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
>>> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
>>>
>>> When trying to install cluster Cloudera manager fails with the following
>>> messages:
>>>
>>> "Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent".
>>>
>>> I run my Ubuntu-12.04 host from home connected by WiFi/dialup modem to
>>> my provider. What configuration is missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> --
>> http://hortonworks.com/download/

+