Kafka, mail # user - 0.8 release ETA

+
Wouter de Bie 2012-09-17, 19:21
+
Joe Stein 2012-09-18, 02:03
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-09-18, 16:19
+
Wouter de Bie 2012-09-20, 09:21
Re: 0.8 release ETA
Joe Stein 2012-09-20, 14:11
Hi Wouter,

trunk has the 0.7.X release code base the changes for 0.8 were deemed
dramtic enough that they have been worked on in its own branch with the
committers applying changes to trunk and branch together when appropriate.

0.8 branch = http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/branches/0.8

** note ** the 0.7.2 release is in progress being voted on which was just
branched and tagged yesterday

Thanks!

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Wouter de Bie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What would be the difference between code currently in trunk and the code
> that will be made available?
>
> --
> Wouter de Bie
> Team Lead Analytics and Data Infrastructure, Spotify
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> +46 72 018 0777
>
> On Sep 18, 2012, at 6:19 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > We can make the code available for people to try it out early (end of
> > October). However, a release won't happen until end of this year.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> mid-october
> >>
> >> what is stopping you to get involved sooner?

> >> --
> >>
> >> /*
> >> Joe Stein
> >> http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc