Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Building Hadoop from source code

Re: Building Hadoop from source code
@Mohammad

   Sorry, since the internet connection rate I am using is tooooooo low, It
takes me a looooong time to download the tar file you showed above.

   however, here is some of my opinion based on my local develop env, and i
am also a fresh hadooper here.

   1. what you have download from the trunk is Hadoop 3.0, which you can
see from the tar.gz filename.  While the link above is about Hadoop 1.0,
and 2.0. So it seems hadoop developers have adjust the distributed tar file.

   2. When looking into the bin/hadoop script in both tar.gz file. I think
that you will find out that most of them are the same. This file will make
a MR job start.

   3. What version of hadoop do you plan to work on? 2.0 or 3.0?

  Ling Kun

http://www.lingcc.com