From: Harsh J [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 03:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem

Hi Artem,

I don't think this is a Isilon issue as much as its a /tmp directory
permission issue. Ensure that /tmp has proper world+rw permissions, OR
if thats not doable, set the JVM system property of -Djava.io.tmpdir
to a local user writable directory and also re-point config
hadoop.tmp.dir to such a thing thats non /tmp but writable by the user
(/home/${user.name}/.tmp maybe).

Of course, easiest is just to fix the /tmp to be drwxrwxrwt,

--
Harsh J

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.