Bigtop, mail # dev - [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-06, 02:50
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-08-06, 06:00
Re: [PROPOSAL] EOL'ed releases 0.3.x
Sean Mackrory 2013-08-06, 15:29
No objection from me - although like Bruno, I don't see why we should
delete the branch. Even if we have no intention of focussing further
work on that line, it might be nice to keep it around for anyone who
may want to build some stuff from it.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Bruno Mahé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 08/05/2013 07:50 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>>

>> Guys,
>>
>> I wanna propose something drastic yet necessary in my opinion. I don't see
>> much of the interest in the community to continue with Bigtop release on
>> top
>> of Hadoop 1.x. I might be missing something on the account of the other
>> developers here, but I find it harder and harder to spare any time for
>> 0.3.1,
>> considering how much I need to do in the trunk based releases of Bigtop.
>>
>> Hereby, I am proposing to close 0.3.1 related tickets and archive 0.3.1
>> version in JIRA, as well as to remove branch 0.3.1, effectively shelving
>> the
>> effort on Hadoop 1 based reference implementation of the stack.
>>
>> If there's not much objections on the proposal above, I will go ahead and
>> do
>> the logistics in a couple of days. Otherwise, we might need to call a vote
>> ;)
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> If no one wants to take over the 0.3 branch, then +1 to close applicable
> tickets.
>
> But why deleting the 0.3.1 branch?
> Is there any issue with keeping it around?
>

> Thanks,
> Bruno
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 16:04