Avro >> mail # user >> Avro Client-Server - generic vs specific

Re: Avro Client-Server - generic vs specific
For RPC, specific is usually most convenient.  The generated interface
and classes can be used to create requests and make calls, while a
service can implement the interface.  Generic might be useful for
proxy-type RPC services, that can handle RPCs made in any protocol.

Doug