HBase, mail # user - Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family

Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family
prem yadav 2012-08-07, 06:19
We have a small Hbase cluster on EC2 with 6 region servers. Lately we found
that the data in one of the column families is really not that useful for
us and decided to chuck it. This particular column family takes more than
50 percent of space on disk. We altered the table,removes the column family
and ran major compaction. We also ran major compaction on the '-ROOT-' and
the '.META.' tables. But there is still no reduction in total DFS file
size? Are we missing something here. Any help/pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

regards.
+
Stack 2012-08-07, 07:22