Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Bloom Filter analogy in SQL

Re: Bloom Filter analogy in SQL
This isn't a very Hadoop question.

A Bloom filter is a very low level data structure that doesn't really any
correlate in SQL.  It allows you to find duplicates quickly and
probabilistically.  In return for a small probability of a false positive,
it uses less memory.