Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release

[DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release
Hi!

what I've noticed lately is that in quite a few
Hadoop ecosystem projects there have been
active work on 'singularity' releases. Two most
obvious example of this trend would be: Hadoop
2.1.x-beta and HBase 0.96, but there's also
Hue 3.0, Oozie 4.0 and a few other things cooking.

Perhaps it would make sense for us to stay ahead
of the game and offer an early opportunity for a
better integration to as many of these as we have
cycles/interest to tackle.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback on how
useful/feasible this might be.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Two clear example of Bigtop JIRAs which are
prime candidate for a 'singularity' branch/release
of Bigtop are, of course:
In fact, chances are both of them could end up
in something like Bigtop 0.8.0