Avro, mail # user - Avro and Hadoop streaming

+
Miki Tebeka 2011-06-02, 21:30
+
Doug Cutting 2011-06-03, 08:43
+
Tatu Saloranta 2011-06-03, 16:18
Re: Avro and Hadoop streaming
Miki Tebeka 2011-06-15, 00:01
Greetings,

I've tried to run a job with the following command:

hadoop jar ./hadoop-streaming-0.20.2-cdh3u0.jar \
    -input /in/avro \
    -output $out \
    -mapper avro-mapper.py \
    -reducer avro-reducer.py \
    -file avro-mapper.py \
    -file avro-reducer.py \
    -cacheArchive /cache/avro-mapred-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT.jar \
    -inputformat AvroAsTextInputFormat

However I get
-inputformat : class not found : AvroAsTextInputFormat

I'm probably missing something obvious to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
Miki

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Miki,
>
> Have you looked at AvroAsTextInputFormat?
>
> http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/org/apache/avro/mapred/AvroAsTextInputFormat.html
>
> Also, release 1.5.2 will include AvroTextOutputFormat:

> Are these perhaps what you're looking for?
>
> Doug
>
> On 06/02/2011 11:30 PM, Miki Tebeka wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'd like to use hadoop streaming with Avro files.
>> My plan is to write an inputformat class that emits json records, one
>> per line. This way the streaming application can read one record per
>> line.
>> (http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.15.2/streaming.html#Specifying+Other+Plugins+for+Jobs)
>>
>> I couldn't find any documentation/help about writing inputformat
>> classes. Can someone point me to the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Miki

+