MapReduce, mail # user - same edits file is loaded more than once

+
lei liu 2012-11-04, 08:06
+
lei liu 2012-11-05, 09:46
Re: same edits file is loaded more than once
Colin McCabe 2012-11-07, 19:14
Hi,

If you want to learn more about HA in HDFS, here are some slides from
a talk that Aaron T. Meyers and Suresh Srinivas gave:
http://www.slideshare.net/hortonworks/nn-ha-hadoop-worldfinal-10173419

branch-2 and later contain HDFS HA.

cheers,
Colin
On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM, lei liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using hadoop0.20.2, now I want to use HDFS HA function.  I research
> AvatarNode. I find if the StandbyNN do checkpoint fail, when next time the
> StandbyNN do checkpoint, the same edits file is loaded again.  Can same
> edits file be loaded more than once in hadoop0.20.2?
> if not, what is the harm?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LiuLei

+