Chukwa >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Apache Chukwa TLP Resolution

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Chukwa TLP Resolution
Based on the template :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please review the following draft :
>
> Resolution to establish the Apache Chukwa Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        enabling development and consumption of Log collection and
> monitoring
>        service, for distribution at no charge to the public.

Should be :

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to enabling development and consumption of Log
            collection and monitoring service.
Should we restrict this to "log collection" or could we make it something
more generic as data streams ?

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Chukwa Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>

>        RESOLVED, that The Apache Chukwa Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>        project related to enabling development and consumption of
>        Log collection and monitoring services; and be it further

It should be "the Apache Chuckwa Project"

>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Chukwa" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of Apache
>        Chukwa Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache Chukwa Project; and be it further
>
> It should be "the Apache Chuckwa Project"
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache Chukwa Project:

It should be "the Apache Chuckwa Project"
>         * Ariel Rabkin (asrabkin)
>         * Bill Graham (billgraham)
>         * Eric Yang (eyang)
>         * Jerome Boulon (jboulon)
>         * Ahmed Fathalla (afathalla)
>         * Grace Huang (grace.huang)
>         * Ivy Tang (ivytang)
>         * Shreyas Subramanya (shreyas)
>         * Sourygna Luangsay (sluangsay)
>         * Jiaqi Tan (tanjiaqi)
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that XXXXXX
>        be and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice
>        President, Chukwa, to serve in accordance with and subject to
>        the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>        Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>        disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
>        further
>

>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Chukwa Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator Chukwa podling; and be it further

Missing

 RESOLVED, that the Apache ${PROJECT} Project be and hereby
       Incubator ${PROJECT} podling; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator Chukwa podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

that all responsibilities....

--
Luciano Resende