Hadoop >> mail # dev >> FileSystem contract of listStatus

Re: FileSystem contract of listStatus
I think that the API docs actually say globStatus is ordered and leave the
ordering semantics for listStatus undefined.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html#globStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/RawLocalFileSystem.html#listStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)