Pig >> mail # user >> self cross doesn't work as expected

self cross doesn't work as expected
If I self cross a relation, I got the original relation, which is not expected.

The input: A.txt
1
2
3

The code:
A = load 'A.txt' as (id:chararray);
B = cross A, A;
dump B;
(1)
(2)
(3)

C = foreach A generate id;
D = cross A, C;
dump D;
(1,1)
(1,2)
(1,3)
(2,1)
(2,2)
(2,3)
(3,1)
(3,2)
(3,3)

Is this a feature, or a bag? I'm using pig 0.10.0

Thanks.
Dan
+
TianYi Zhu 2013-01-01, 22:40