Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Error Path when creating a node

+
Bahman Kalali 2013-03-20, 20:52
+
Camille Fournier 2013-03-20, 21:29
Re: Error Path when creating a node
Hi Camille,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I already created the path /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data on unix box. Under
this path for a cluster of three servers, I have zk1,zk2,zk3 for each
server where each zk1, zk2, zk3 have myid files. Also, I can see that
version-2 also created under  zk1,zk2,zk3. All these directors are created
manualy under my user id and not root.

However, I still when I create a node under /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data, I
will get an error "Error Path:/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data
Error:KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data"

BR//Bahman

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> The path /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data has not been created in the ZK on your
> unix box. You need to create that path before you can write an ephemeral
> node to it. You probably did this already on your windows ZK which is why
> you aren't seeing the error. ZooKeeper does not create parent nodes in a
> path for you, you must create the full path yourself if it hasn't been
> created.
> As per the documentation:
> "If the parent node does not exist in the ZooKeeper, a KeeperException with
> error code KeeperException.NoNode will be thrown."
>

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Bahman Kalali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using this API to create a node:
> >
> >         lockPath = zk.create(/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data/searchlock, null,
> >                     Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE,
> CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
> >
> > Here is my setting in zoo.cfg in one of three servers:
> >
> > tickTime=2000
> > initLimit=10
> > syncLimit=5
> > dataDir=/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data/zk1
> > dataLogDir=/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/log/zk1
> > clientPort=2185
> > server.1=upladevzoo01v:2988:3988
> > server.2=upladevzoo01v:2989:3989
> > server.3=upladevzoo01v:2990:3990
> >

> > However, I get this exception on the server log "Error
> > Path:/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data"
> >
> > 2013-03-20 15:39:44,882 [myid:2] - INFO  [ProcessThread(sid:2
> > cport:-1)::PrepRequestProcessor@627] - Got user-level KeeperException
> when
> > processing sessionid:0x23d895990500004 type:create cxid:0x1
> > zxid:0x100000020 txntype:-1 reqpath:n/a Error
> > Path:/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data Error:KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for
> > /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data
> >
> > The same setting works fine on my local windows box, but not on a unix
> box.
> >
> > Does this have anything to do with permission on unix box?
> >
> > BR//Bahman

+
Camille Fournier 2013-03-20, 22:06
+