HBase >> mail # user >> More rows or less rows and more columns

More rows or less rows and more columns
Is there any recommendation on how many columns one should have per row. My
columns are < 200 bytes. This will help me to decide if I should shard my
rows with id + <some date/time value>.
+
Harsh J 2012-09-10, 17:30
+