Avro, mail # user - Avrodoc: browsable documentation for Avro schemas

+
Martin Kleppmann 2012-11-09, 15:05
+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-09, 17:57
Re: Avrodoc: browsable documentation for Avro schemas
Martin Kleppmann 2012-11-09, 22:12
Thanks, I'd love to have it part of Apache! What would that involve in practice?

(Purely selfishly, I quite like working with git and Github rather
than svn and JIRA, but I'm happy to fit in with Apache's processes.)

Martin

On 9 November 2012 17:57, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's awesome!
>
> Would you be interested in contributing this to Apache?
>
> Doug
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Martin Kleppmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello Avro world,
>>
>> A while ago I had some frustration trying to understand a complex Avro
>> schema, a JSON file thousands of lines long, with many nested record
>> types. I ended up using regexes in vim to manually transform it into
>> something readable. I wondered: why isn't there something like
>> Javadoc, but for Avro schemas?
>>
>> So I built the tool that I wanted: https://github.com/ept/avrodoc
>>
>> Avrodoc is still at an early stage, but it already does the job of
>> giving you Javadoc-like browsable documentation for Avro schemata.
>> Check the demo on the website, try it yourself, and I'd love to hear
>> any feedback!
>>
>> Martin
+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-09, 23:08