HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase and Data Integrity

Re: HBase and Data Integrity
bcc: asynchbase@

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Steve Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have some questions for HBase DB:

Hi Steve,
I'm moving this thread to the HBase user mailing list.

> How to ensure data integrity?

Data stored by HBase in HDFS has 3 replicas of the data and checksums.

> Are there methods ensure the integrity?

It's all built-in, I'm not sure what you meant by "methods" here.

> Does HBase primary key? or alternatives

HBase has only one primary key per table.
You may wanna look at the HBase Book, Chapter 5. "Data Model":
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel

> Foreign key?

No.

> Referential Integrity?