HBase, mail # user - I am curious how to find hbase replication lag

RE: I am curious how to find hbase replication lag
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-08-19, 21:00

Just simple canary probe approach

Update cluster1:t1:canary_row with a current time every (say) 1 sec
Read time from cluster2:t1:canary_row every second

Compute the difference
Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Demai Ni [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: I am curious how to find hbase replication lag

Ted, thanks for connecting the two discussion. a topic that quite some
folks are looking for solutions.

Alex, as far as my study goes, there is no direct/easy way to get the lag
info that is easily consumable by regular users(i.e. not a hbase expert).
>From user perspecitive, the lag can be either time or quantity. Although
current hbase replication metrics contains a lot of good information, third
party tool/monitor has to be applied (JMX, ganglia, etc.)  On 0.94 level,
the metrics info is at regionsever level, on 95.0 such info also at peer
cluster level. I don't think there is plan for a table-level yet.

However, the use case is valid. For example: I am replicating table t1 from
cluster M1 to cluster S1; how many seconds/minutes the lag is? Well, I
haven't found a good solution yet. :-)

Demai
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is related: http://search-hadoop.com/m/SrEIT1jtzPF
>
> Cheers
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM, gordoslocos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I believe hbase keeps info in zk that gives you the count of pending
> > operations to be replicated. Check into the rz zookeeper node in the
> hbase
> > replication documentation.
> >
> > http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html
> >

> > On 19/08/2013, at 16:42, Alex Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have setup HBase replication. I want to know how out of date my
> > replicant
> > > cluster is. How does one monitor that?
> > >
> > > -Alex Newman

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.