HBase >> mail # dev >> Return value from RegionObserver.preIncrement()

+
Daniel Gómez Ferro 2011-11-30, 11:37
+
Lars George 2011-11-30, 14:10
Re: Return value from RegionObserver.preIncrement()
Hi Lars,

Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4903

What's the best option to solve this?

Thanks,
Daniel

On Nov 30, 2011, at 15:10 , Lars George wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> This indeed looks like an oversight. Could you create a JIRA for it please?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars
>
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Daniel Gómez Ferro wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> RegionObserver.preIncrement() receives a Result object which it can modify if it wants to return directly to the client. However the only way of modifying it that I could find is through Result.readFields(). That would require the user to create the Result object he wants, serializing it and then deserializing.
>>
>> I think it would be better to either change preIncrement() to return a Result object or add a setter to Result. We could also change preIncrement() to receive a List<KeyValue> like preGet() does.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Daniel

+
Lars George 2011-11-30, 15:11