-Announcing Phoenix: A SQL layer over HBase
James Taylor 2013-01-30, 21:04
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of a new open
source project, Phoenix, a SQL layer over HBase that powers the HBase
use cases at Salesforce.com. We put the SQL back in the NoSQL:
* Available on GitHub at https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix
* Embedded JDBC driver implements the majority of java.sql interfaces,
including the metadata APIs.
* Built for low latency queries through parallelization, the use of
native HBase APIs, coprocessors, and custom filters.
* Allows columns to be modelled as a multi-part row key or key/value
* Full query support with predicate push down and optimal scan key
* DDL support: CREATE TABLE, DROP TABLE, and ALTER TABLE for
* Versioned schema repository. Snapshot queries use the schema that
was in place when data was written.
* DML support: UPSERT VALUES for row-by-row insertion, UPSERT SELECT
for mass data transfer between the same or different tables, and
DELETE for deleting rows.
* Limited transaction support through client-side batching.
* Single table only - no joins yet and secondary indexes are a work in
* Follows ANSI SQL standards whenever possible
* Requires HBase v 0.94.2 or above
* BSD-like license
* 100% Java
Join our user groups:
Phoenix HBase User:
Phoenix HBase Dev:
and check out our roadmap:
We welcome feedback and contributions from the community to Phoenix and
look forward to working together.
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-30, 21:50
Gary Helmling 2013-01-30, 21:42
Stack 2013-01-30, 21:23
Devaraj Das 2013-01-30, 22:58
Huanyou Chang 2013-01-31, 01:55
Viral Bajaria 2013-01-31, 02:15
James Taylor 2013-02-01, 16:49
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-30, 22:45