Hive >> mail # user >> Passing date as command line arguments

+
Techy Teck 2012-08-03, 22:48
Re: Passing date as command line arguments
Hi,

In the command line, you want to wrap 20120709 in double-quotes, as they get stripped when being passed into the hiveconf variable.

Matt

On Aug 3, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Techy Teck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have my below query in test1.hql file. I am trying to pass the date (dt) as the command line argument.
>

> select * from lip_data_quality where dt = '${hiveconf: start_date}';
>

> So whenever I try to run the above test1.hql file like this-
>
>  hive -f hivetest1.hql -hiveconf start_date=20120709
>
> I get zero records back. But the data is there in that table for that date. Why is it so? Something wrong I am doing?
>
> Can anyone help me out here? I was following Bejoy's Article here http://kickstarthadoop.blogspot.com/2011/10/include-values-during-execution-time-in.html

+
Techy Teck 2012-08-04, 06:06
+