MapReduce, mail # dev - [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

Robert Evans 2013-02-28, 19:29
My initial question was mostly intended to understand the desired new
classification of Windows after the merge, and how we plan to maintain
Windows support.  I am happy to hear that hardware for Jenkins will be
provided.  I am also fine, at least initially, with us trying to treat
Windows as a first class supported platform.  But I realize that there are
a lot of people that do not have easy access to Windows for
development/debugging, myself included. I also don't want to slow down the
pace of development too much because of this.  It will cause some
organizations that do not use or support Windows to be more likely to run
software that has diverged from an official release.  It also has the
potential to make the patch submission process even more difficult, which
increases the likelihood of submitters abandoning patches.  However, the
great thing about being in a community is we can change if we need to.

I am +0 for the merge.  I am not a Windows expert so I don't feel
comfortable giving it a true +1.

--Bobby