Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Proposal: create a separate ZooKeeper release artifact for recipes

+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-02, 19:45
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-02, 19:50
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-12-05, 15:14
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-05, 18:59
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 19:06
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-05, 19:11
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-05, 19:14
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-05, 19:17
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-05, 19:42
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-12-05, 19:58
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 20:36
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 21:47
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-12-05, 21:50
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 22:27
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 22:44
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 22:49
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 22:55
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 23:06
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 23:13
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-05, 23:29
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 23:32
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-05, 23:33
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-06, 00:12
+
Camille Fournier 2011-12-06, 01:35
+
Ted Dunning 2011-12-06, 01:59
+
Camille Fournier 2011-12-06, 02:11
Re: Proposal: create a separate ZooKeeper release artifact for recipes
To me it is difficult to assess the various options without seeing a
proposal. If you feel strongly about it being a zookeeper sub-project,
I would suggest to write a proposal following the incubator guidelines
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html) and let the pmc
discuss and vote. If the zookeeper pmc does not accept it, then I'm
sure you can submit it pretty much verbatim to incubator.

If there is interest, there are lots of samples here:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/FrontPage

-Flavio

On Dec 6, 2011, at 3:11 AM, Camille Fournier wrote:

> I'm sure there is. But I still stand behind the idea of this as an
> incubator.
> Personally, I am not comfortable endorsing this project as the
> be-all-end-all zk client. I think we have to be truly comfortable
> supporting it as such if we pull it in as part of our code base, no
> matter how tangential we might keep it, and I for one am not on board
> with that just yet. Maybe in a few months if we saw a significant
> uptick in adoption by our user base, we could evaluate it as such. But
> right now I think it's premature to take this code base on.

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> IF we are talking analogies, there are SolR / Lucene, Mahout
>> Collections /
>> Mahout, PiggyBank / Pig that go the other way.  You will be able to
>> add
>> many more as well, starting with Lucene / Hadoop and so on.
>>
>> My thought is that it really has to do most with common development
>> interests.  The projects that became TLP's had divergent
>> communities and
>> those that stuck together had more overlapping communities.  In
>> this case,
>> I see lots of overlap because I have interests on both sides.
>> Other people
>> may care only about one side or the other, but I suspect that we
>> actually
>> have a spectrum rather than a dichotomy.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Camille Fournier
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I vote incubator. It seems to be to zookeeper as hector is to
>>> cassandra.
>>>
>>> From my phone

>>> at

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2011-12-13, 07:06
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-12-13, 08:01