HDFS, mail # dev - Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23

Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-03, 02:15
Namenode HA (HDFS-1623) feature is now in trunk (yay!). It adds support for
namenode high availability with active and standby namenodes, with manual
failover. I propose merging this feature to 0.23 branch. Recently Nicholas
merged protocol buffers/wire compatibility changes to 0.23. Merging
Namenode HA into 0.23 will make it a significant release.

I plan to complete this by next week after running some nightly/regressions
tests. Early next week, I plan to attach a 0.23 merge patch to HDFS-1623
jira for people interested in reviewing the patch.

Please vote.

Regards,
Suresh