HBase >> mail # user >> major compaction and regionserver failure...

Re: major compaction and regionserver failure...
Hi Andy,

Compaction queues are not persisted between regionserver restarts, and the
results of an incomplete compaction are discarded. Compactions write into
an HFile in a temporary location and only move it to the region/CF
directory in case of success (at least, this is how it works in trunk).

Thanks,
--Mikhail