MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

Thanks Arun,

+1

* verified MD5 & signature of source tarball.
* built from source tarball
* run apache-rat:check on source
* installed pseudo cluster (unsecure)
* test httpfs
* run pi example
* run unmanaged AM application

Minor NITs (in case we do a new RC):

* remove 2.1.1.-beta section from all CHANGES.txt files
* the following hidden files shouldn't be in the source file (nor in SVN):
./.gitattributes (in SVN is OK)
./hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/.eclipse.templates
./hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/.eclipse.templates/.externalToolBuilders
./hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/.eclipse.templates
./hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/.eclipse.templates/.launches
./hadoop-mapreduce-project/.eclipse.templates
./hadoop-mapreduce-project/.eclipse.templates/.launches
./hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/native/container-executor/.deps

--
Alejandro