Pig >> mail # user >> Question regarding a custom LoadFunc implementation

+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-12-11, 09:10
Re: Question regarding a custom LoadFunc implementation
I think the latter would be better. Since the LoadFunc would be decoupled
from the data exporter you could schedule the exporting independent of the
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Prashant Kommireddi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I was working on a LoadFunc and needed some ideas/second opinion on the
> best way to do this:
>

>    1. We use an API to download data from database as flat-files.
>       - A query is given with table name and fields required to extract
> data
>       2. Once 1. is done upload data to HDFS
>    3. Upload the schema file to HDFS
>    4. LoadFunc to read the schema file and parse data
>
> A strict requirement is to hide the details of the location of these HDFS
> files from the user issuing the pig query. For a user it could look as
> simple as:
>
> A = load 'scheme://SampleTable' using CustomLoader('$query');
>
> User here only issues the load statement on table with a query and API
> calls for importing from database could happen in the background.
>
> What would be the best way to do this? Is it better to do the above as part
> of LoadFunc, or would it rather be beneficial to do it separate and somehow
> communicate the location from API import to LoadFunc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Prashant

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*
+