MapReduce >> mail # user >> log4j defaults for AM & task

+
John Lilley 2013-06-06, 19:44
Re: log4j defaults for AM & task
Unfortunately this isnt' well documented, but if the cmd-line for your container has <LOG_DIR>, that variable will be substituted by the NodeManager with the directory where the logs will be put.

For e.g. you can pass in: myapp.py 2> <LOG_DIR>/stderr etc.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-772 to track documentation for this and other such features which are available.

thanks,
Arun

--