Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Storage

Re: Hive Storage
I think you may need to read more about how HDFS stores data.

here is the basic definition
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs_design.html#NameNode+and+DataNodes

by definition hdfs never stores and files (your data) on the namenode. It
stores the files etc on hdfs and the metadata related to those files are
stored on namenode

--
Nitin Pawar