MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Understanding the MapOutput

Re: Understanding the MapOutput
Hi Pedro,

The format is called IFile. Check out the source for more info on the
format - it's fairly simple. The partition starts are recorded in a
separate index file next to the output file.

I don't think you'll find significant docs on this format since it's
MR-internal - the code is your best resource.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera