Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Kafka 0.8 trial version

Re: Kafka 0.8 trial version
0.8 is a backwards incompatible release, so this behaviour is intended
by design. We will write about the deployment plan in more detail, but
at a high level, here is what you would want to do -

1. Use a separate zookeeper namespace on your existing zk cluster, or
use a new zk cluster with the same namespace as your 0.7 Kafka
deployment.
2. Set up a 0.8 Kafka cluster per 0.7 Kafka cluster and run the
migration tool to copy data from 0.7 to 0.8.
3. Move all consumers to 0.8 Kafka cluster
4. Move all producers to 0.8 Kafka cluster

In general, for a topic, you want to ensure that all consumers have
moved to 0.8 cluster before the producers of the same topic.

Thanks,
Neha