HBase, mail # user - schema design: rows vs wide columns

+
shawn du 2013-04-07, 08:03
+
Ted 2013-04-07, 18:58
+
Stack 2013-04-07, 22:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-07, 22:27
Re: schema design: rows vs wide columns
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-07, 22:52
Is there a pointer to evidence/experiment backed analysis of this question?
I'm sure there is some basis for this text in the book but I recommend we
strike it. We could replace it with YCSB or LoadTestTool driven latency
graphs for different workloads maybe. Although that would also be a big
simplification of 'schema design' considerations, it would not be so
starkly lacking background.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy